Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Welcome to TC's Venue Vibes Blog!!!

Well, the busy season is upon us. The Brown County Veterans Memorial Complex and the Meyer Theatre will be hopping pretty much from now until the end of April. As all of the events channel through here, it is my hope you will gain useful information from this blog to know what is coming next.

But I'd also like to offer insight into what has been here. We many times have interesting stories after a concert or a family event. I will share those happenings in this space. I may also share my thoughts about certain things, but I will not review concerts because that is not my expertise. I know what I like and I may tell you that, but that's only my personal taste. But then again, I guess that's no different than someone who reviews an event professionally. It really is about personal taste. In any case, I welcome your comments and observations as well.

Most recently, we had the Wisconsin Badgers hockey team at the Resch Center playing Northern Michigan University. It was a great weekend. NMU was the host team as it moves it's two home games to the Resch. This gave them the chance to expose their university to the Green Bay area and a chance to make some money because the Resch Center has a far greater capacity than their home rink. We had close to 5,000 people here on that Friday night and about 7,000 on Saturday night.

Coming up...A big weekend as the Gamblers have their home opener on Saturday night, October 14th. Then, Toby Keith is here for two nights on October 19 and 20. There are still plenty of tickets left for Thursday night! Until next time, see you in the seats!

~TC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to many more posts.

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home