Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I must be nuts

Okay, so it's vacation time for Venue Vibes. Time to put down the phone and stop pitching the media for coverage of Tom, Dick & Harry's opening August 13. Time, at least for the moment, to take a break from publicizing the Great Fall Kick-off with Big & Rich August 15 at the Stadium View. For the next few days, time to give the Baylake Bank Tall Ship Festival a rest - it's coming up in one year exactly on August 13. So what does Venue Vibes do for vacation? A 5 day bike tour averaging 70-75 miles a day. Yeah, I must be nuts. I like to ride all right, but I'm not sure my "behind" is ready for this. I did 72 miles this past Sunday on a windy and hilly ride from Chilton. No problem. But that was one day. I didn't have to follow it up with another 70 and then another 70 and so on. I know, it's vacation, quit complaining. But it's been a cool summer temperature wise so far and now I see it could be near 90 on Saturday and Sunday. Did I mention I HATE it hot?? Ahhhh, I must be nuts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Heather said...

your not nuts TC, you need a vacation!!! The 70 - 75 miles a day on a bike thats not a motorcycle, thats NUTS!! Enjoy your time off :)

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home