Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday what?

Let me make two things perfectly clear. I am not an old fart who doesn't get it. I am also not judging the following artist's music. That's better left to the experts. But for the first time in my PR career, I had a hard time even writing down the name of this artist's hit song. Jeremih will be performing at The Club at Tom, Dick & Harry's on December 18. I guess I am old enough not to know who he is.....until now. His first hit song is called "Birthday S_ _." See, I'm still having a hard time. I went online and listened to the song and some of the lyrics raised my eyebrows, but I've certainly heard worse. My co-workers laughed at me and with me. They still are. I was somewhat comforted in knowing that none of my co-workers knew this artist or song either except one. I don't even consider myself old-school, old-fashioned or whatever. I just felt weird typing that song name in a news release while announcing the concert that is part of KISS FM's Jingle Ball. I saw the concert announcement in the Press-Gazette with the song title in a little headline and it felt weird just reading it. Maybe I'm confused as to why the song has to be named THAT or about THAT. I suspect part of the song's popularity is the title itself! Then again, I was in radio when many words that were off limits then are heard all of the time now. Then again, maybe I am just a bit old-fashioned. Darn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home